- Coming on Thursday, August 30, 2012 (6:30-9:00 PM): A PMW-sponsored wine dinner at the BayWolf: Canaries and Couscous - The Wines and Cuisine of North Africa [PDF]. The Spanish Canary Islands, 60 miles west of Morocco and 600 miles from mainland Spain, boast a winemaking tradition going back over 500
years. Volcanic soils, high-elevation vineyards, ungrafted vines, and unique, indigenous grape varieties produce wines unlike those from anywhere else in the world. Join us for a dinner in which we'll pair Canary Islands wines with hearty and exotic dishes from
neighboring North Africa. The cost, including all food and wine, is $75 plus tax and gratuity. Make reservations with BayWolf.
- Things that we're especially excited about right now: our expanding Sicilian section (especially from Mount Etna), our Canary Islands section, and finding great domestic pinot noir gems.
- We have a selection of wine in alternative packages, including 3- and 5-liter bag-in-a-box. These are great, environmentally-friendly packaging for everyday wines.
- We have a Paul Marcus Wines Facebook page. Become a Fan if you
want to receive Facebook updates about what's going on in the store and what events we're planning.
- We have favorite wines from each of our staff members displayed on the shelf between PMW and the Pasta Shop. Take a look, take a few home, and see how your favorites compare with each of ours!